Thanks David! Like you wrote, the facet is displayed.

Johanne

De : David Cook [mailto:dc...@prosentient.com.au]
Envoyé : 15 septembre 2014 20:38
À : Johanne Crête; 'Terry Brady'
Cc : dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : RE: [Dspace-tech] DSPACE: (discovery) Is it possible to show a specific
sidebarFacets for a specific collection?

Hi Johanne:

1)      You need to also add “<ref bean="searchFilterDescriptionJournal" />”
under “<property name="sidebarFacets">” under the “EdusConfiguration”, or else
it won’t show up in the sidebar facets for EdusConfiguration. It’ll show up as
a search filter when searching, but not as a “facet”.

2)      You _cannot_ delete “<ref bean="searchFilterDescriptionJournal" />”
from “searchFilters” under the “defaultConfiguration”. That’s – what I consider
to be  – the bug. The bean _must_ be in the “defaultConfiguration”. I think
it’s very silly, but I have noticed this is necessary for it to work.

I imagine the reason why the facet appears on the “EdusConfiguration” after you
delete it from “defaultConfiguration” is because the indexes are still full.
Once you re-index the database, the indexes are emptied (because the bean isn’t
referenced under “defaultConfiguration”) and the sidebar facets disappear.

If you keep “<ref bean="searchFilterDescriptionJournal" />” under “<property
name=" searchFilters ">” for both “defaultConfiguration” and
“EdusConfiguration”, as well as under “<property name="sidebarFacets">”, you
should be fine.

So:

1)      Add “<ref bean="searchFilterDescriptionJournal" />” to “<property
name="searchFilters">” under the “defaultConfiguration”

2)      Add “<ref bean="searchFilterDescriptionJournal" />” to “<property
name="searchFilters">” under the “EdusConfiguration”

3)      Add “<ref bean="searchFilterDescriptionJournal" />” to “<property
name="sidebarFacets">” under the “EdusConfiguration”

4)      “index-discovery –b”

5)      Restart Tomcat

6)      Note that "searchFilterDescriptionJournal” appears under the search
filters when doing a search

7)      Note that “searchFilterDescriptionJournal” appears as a sidebar facet
for the EdusConfiguration

8)      Profit : )

If you follow those exact steps, you should be fine. I have this working at the
moment on a DSpace 4.2 instance.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems