Hi Terry,

I'm just speaking from memory here, not checking the code as I go, so
take it with a grain of salt.

In XOAI, filter is something that narrows down the result set. So you
get all items, then you filter out some. You want to filter out
withdrawn items (item.withdrawn=TRUE), but xoai configuration may
specify additional filters, e.g. filter out items without bitstreams
or filter out items without anonymously accessible bitstreams.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards,
~~helix84