Greetings all,

We are in the midst of updating our IR's metadata registry and the corresponding crosswalks, to make sure all of our metadata is exposed through OAI. While working on these updates, it came to our attention that some of the metadata formats in the DSpace OAI module are out of date. For example, links to both the namespace (http://www.dspace.org/xmlns/dspace/dim) and schema (http://www.dspace.org/schema/dim.xsd) of the DSpace Intermediate Metadata (DIM) format are apparently dead; meanwhile, the schemas for MODS and ETDMS have (relatively) recently been updated to 3.5 and 1.1, respectively, but the OAI links to previous versions of the two.

It would be great to have the latest schema versions available for updating OAI crosswalking; however, we are hesitant to make local changes, as the OAI webapp is currently being upgraded for the next DSpace software version and its xoai file still references the previous schemas and dead links.

Does anyone know if there has been any discussion about updating the metadata versions/links in the OAI webapp before the next update?

Thanks!

Scott Carlson
Metadata Coordinator
Rice University