Hi Siriom,

You might also have to do this, which is what we figured out in my office:

1) Edit /etc/tomcat7/server.xml and change

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443"/>

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>

2) Restart tomcat

That took care of character encoding in the search box.

Aaron Helton (Mr.)
United Nations
Department of Public Information
Outreach Division