Olivier,

Yes, that process sounds correct. To be clear though, here are the
changes that should be in your LDAPAuthentication class to fix DS-1781:

https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/663/files

So, if you don't see those changes in your
[dspace-source]/dspace-api/src/main/java/dspace/authenticate/LDAPAuthentication.java

class, then it's likely you accidentally grabbed the wrong one.

Also, since you are copying these changes to your
[dspace-source]/dspace-api/src/main/java/dspace/authenticate/ directory,
you MUST be sure to run "mvn -U clean package" from [dspace-source]
(which recompiles EVERYTHING) and NOT from [dspace-source]/dspace/
(which only recompiles the [dspace-source]/dspace/ module).

- Tim