Massimiliano,

I don't know anything about the bookreader plugin so i can't help you
with this one.

But i do know some things about playing videos from Dspace. Actually
i'm working on a project to use Dspace and its rest-api to build a
video portal to our University.

First of all, it has already been discussed to make of this a Dspace's
native feature but i don't know much about because i didn't
participate of it. The link to this discussion is:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=45548591

By my experience....

The videoplayer itself is the easiest part, since you can use HTML5
video tag to do the job, depending on what kind of video format you
have. It shouldn't be hard to add it to the item page. Without
mentioning many other custom solutions that you can find.
E.g.:
http://mediaelementjs.com/
https://github.com/clappr/clappr

It starts to become a hard task when we talk about converting the
video directly on Dspace, using media filter feature. My team decided
to abandon this task for now and do this conversion outside DSpace.
Also we didn't find anything already done. It has a lot of details
involved and requires a great knowledge of Dspace's internal code that
makes it a quite complicated task.

The last thing is the video streaming itself. The way that Dspace
serves files is not proper to do streaming. It servers the files in a
sequential-only way which makes impossible to seek through time. You
can only Play/Pause. Take a look at this post, especially on 3ยบ item
of the list.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10328401/html5-how-to-stream-large-mp4-files

There are some java implementations of this byte-range serving
feature, but i didn't try to add it to Dspace yet.
E.g.:
http://balusc.blogspot.com.br/2009/02/fileservlet-supporting-resume-and.html
https://gist.github.com/fehmicansaglam/1781977

Another solution is to store only the original file into Dspace and
the other converted files, that will be used to stream, into a Tomcat
folder. We're thinking to follow this idea.

If you have any other ideas or experiences, please share, because it
will be of great value for us!

> Dear all,
>
>      We would like to use bookreader from OpenLibrary and a videoplayer for
> our DSPACE.
>
> There is someone who used it and could help us? Or there is some plugin to
> add this features?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards
>
> Massimiliano