Hi there,

I’ve recently installed DSpace 5.0 (built from source) running on Tomcat 8. I
can create collections without any problems, but every time I try to upload a
file the upload proceeds successfully — progress bar goes to 100% — but when I
press the “next” button I get this message:

System Error: Malformed Request

There was an inconsistency in the data received from your browser. This may be
due to one of several things:

Sometimes, if you used your browser's "back" button during an operation like a
submission, clicking on a button may try and do something that's already been
done, such as commit the submission to the archive. Clicking your browsers
"reload" or "refresh" button may have similar results.
If you got here by following a link or bookmark provided by someone else, the
link may be incorrect or you mistyped the link. Please check the link and try
again.
If you have more than one browser window open with DSpace, this can cause a
similar problem whereby a button clicked in one window may make a button click
in the other window invalid.
Of course, you may have uncovered a problem with the system! All of these
errors are logged, and we'll be checking them regularly to see if there is a
problem.
If the problem persists, please contact the DSpace site administrators:

The item *has* been uploaded successfully however, and if I resume the
submission process from where the error happened I can publish it without
further problems.

Enabling the debug option in log4j.properties and extracting what I assume to
be the relevant portion of the dspace log I get the following data:

2015-02-05 19:17:30,675 DEBUG org.dspace.event.BasicDispatcher @ Sending event
to "discovery": org.dspace.event.Event(eventType=MODIFY, SubjectType=ITEM,
SubjectID=7, ObjectType=(Unknown), ObjectID=-1, TimeStamp=1423163850650,
dispatcher=1544803905, detail=[null],
transactionID="TX17691018349440117399952904257090806638")
2015-02-05 19:17:30,676 DEBUG org.dspace.discovery.IndexEventConsumer @
consume() adding event to update queue:
org.dspace.event.Event(eventType=MODIFY, SubjectType=ITEM, SubjectID=7,
ObjectType=(Unknown), ObjectID=-1, TimeStamp=1423163850650,
dispatcher=1544803905, detail=[null],
transactionID="TX17691018349440117399952904257090806638")
2015-02-05 19:17:30,676 DEBUG org.dspace.event.Event @ Filtering event:
eventType=2, subjectType=4, result=false
2015-02-05 19:17:30,676 DEBUG org.dspace.event.Event @ Filtering event:
eventType=2, subjectType=4, result=false
2015-02-05 19:17:30,676 DEBUG org.dspace.event.BasicDispatcher @ Calling end
for consumer "versioning"
2015-02-05 19:17:30,676 DEBUG org.dspace.event.BasicDispatcher @ Calling end
for consumer "discovery"
2015-02-05 19:17:30,676 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "SELECT * FROM Handle WHERE resource_type_id = ? AND resource_id
= ?"  with parameters: 2,7
2015-02-05 19:17:30,677 DEBUG org.dspace.event.BasicDispatcher @ Calling end
for consumer "eperson"
2015-02-05 19:17:30,677 DEBUG org.dspace.event.BasicDispatcher @ Calling end
for consumer "harvester"
2015-02-05 19:17:40,632 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "select * from eperson where eperson_id = ? "  with parameters: 1
2015-02-05 19:17:40,633 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "SELECT * FROM epersongroup2eperson WHERE eperson_id= ?"  with
parameters: 1
2015-02-05 19:17:40,634 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "SELECT * FROM group2groupcache WHERE child_id= ?  OR child_id= ?
 OR child_id= ? "  with parameters: 0,1,4
2015-02-05 19:17:40,634 DEBUG org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet @
donaldmacdon...@storlann.co.uk:session_id=A11D0688E9D480CB47FA1F4572AA2742:ip_addr=217.43.66.136:http_request:--
 URL Was: http://dspace.storlann.co.uk/jspui/submit
<http://dspace.storlann.co.uk/jspui/submit>
-- Method: POST
-- Parameters were:

2015-02-05 19:17:40,646 DEBUG org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionController
@ Did not recoginze resumable upload, falling back to simple upload.

2015-02-05 19:17:40,646 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "select * from workspaceitem where workspace_item_id = ? "  with
parameters: 7
2015-02-05 19:17:40,646 DEBUG org.dspace.content.WorkspaceItem @
donaldmacdon...@storlann.co.uk:session_id=A11D0688E9D480CB47FA1F4572AA2742:ip_addr=217.43.66.136:find_workspace_item:workspace_item_id=7
2015-02-05 19:17:40,646 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "select * from item where item_id = ? "  with parameters: 7
2015-02-05 19:17:40,647 DEBUG org.dspace.content.Item @
donaldmacdon...@storlann.co.uk:session_id=A11D0688E9D480CB47FA1F4572AA2742:ip_addr=217.43.66.136:find_item:item_id=7

2015-02-05 19:17:40,647 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "SELECT * FROM Handle WHERE resource_type_id = ? AND resource_id
= ?"  with parameters: 2,7

2015-02-05 19:17:40,647 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "select * from collection where collection_id = ? "  with
parameters: 2
2015-02-05 19:17:40,648 DEBUG org.dspace.content.Collection @
donaldmacdon...@storlann.co.uk:session_id=A11D0688E9D480CB47FA1F4572AA2742:ip_addr=217.43.66.136:find_collection:collection_id=2
2015-02-05 19:17:40,648 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "select * from epersongroup where eperson_group_id = ? "  with
parameters: 4
2015-02-05 19:17:40,648 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @
Running query "SELECT * FROM Handle WHERE resource_type_id = ? AND resource_id
= ?"  with parameters: 3,2
2015-02-05 19:17:40,649 DEBUG org.dspace.app.util.SubmissionInfo @ Loading
Submission Config information
2015-02-05 19:17:40,649 DEBUG org.dspace.app.util.SubmissionInfo @ Found
Submission Config in session cache!
2015-02-05 19:17:40,649 DEBUG org.dspace.app.util.SubmissionInfo @ Loading
Progress Bar Info
2015-02-05 19:17:40,649 DEBUG org.dspace.app.util.SubmissionInfo @ Found
Progress Bar Info in cache: 6 pages to display in progress bar
2015-02-05 19:17:40,649 DEBUG org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionController
@ Calling Step Class: 'org.dspace.submit.step.UploadStep'
2015-02-05 19:17:40,649 DEBUG org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager @
Calling processing for step org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager
2015-02-05 19:17:40,650 DEBUG org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager @
Calling post-processing for step org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager
2015-02-05 19:17:40,650 WARN  org.dspace.app.webui.submit.step.JSPUploadStep @
donaldmacdon...@storlann.co.uk:session_id=A11D0688E9D480CB47FA1F4572AA2742:ip_addr=217.43.66.136:integrity_error:--
 URL Was: http://dspace.storlann.co.uk/jspui/submit
<http://dspace.storlann.co.uk/jspui/submit>
-- Method: POST
-- Parameters were:
-- workspace_item_id: "7"
-- jsp: "/submit/choose-file.jsp"
-- page: "1"
-- ajaxUpload: "false"
-- file: ""
-- submit_upload: "Next >"
-- step: “3"

Anyone know what’s going on? I’m assuming I broke something during the install,
but I’d like to understand what...