Hello, I'm the lucky winner of a dspace 1.8 system administration on red hat 6
-
I successfully migrated to 3.2. For server environment  can't go any further at
the moment. I found out dspace 1.8 was installed from source by root user !!!.
and followed that environment.

I did a lot of research on the documentation but at the moment with all the new
documentatiom on the new versions I'm getting confused I need some advise to go
on.

Now after a long work I have a dspace 3.2 postgres on another db server,
tomcat6, java openjdk 1.6_029 responding on port 80 through apache 2 with  ajp
on port 8009. All working but my questions are as follow,

 1) is it necessary to reinstall as non root user ? or can I just chown -R
[dspace-dir]  and assetstore? and give appropriate permissions on
apache/tomcat?

1.a)  alternatively I have to revert to the old 1.8 and move the 3.2 source
code to a new user (dspace) and re run the upgrade.

Thanks for your directions, any other suggestions for to dos/priorities are
welcome
Kind regards Fra