Hi Layale,

The "Advanced Search" option is no longer necessary if you are running
DSpace with "Discovery" enabled. As of DSpace 4, the Discovery
faceted/filtered search & browse is enabled by default. This is the main
reason why we've removed that "Advanced Search" option from the user
interface.

This Discovery feature combines many of the aspects of the "advanced"
and "simple" search into a single interface. You can easily type in
simple searches, and then filter the search results (look for the
"Advanced Filters" link in the results) using much more advance techniques.

More info on the Discovery search interface is in the documentation at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Discovery

- Tim