Hi Stefanie,

try copying IPAuthentication.java, IPMatcher.java and
IPMatcherException.java [1] from DSpace 5 to your source, then rebuild
and redeploy. It should be the same thing you already have with
patches, but try this just to make sure. If it still doesn't work,
please provide an example netmask (from your configuration) and IP
(you tried to login with). There are now unit tests for CIDR, so they
are expected to catch any mistakes (you may copy them, too [2]).

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Bram Luyten <b...@atmire.com> wrote:
> I don't think the SOLR logger lookup error you are seeing is related to your
> IP authentication problem.
> This lookup tries to identify the country/region of your IP, in order to
> include geo information into the usage events.

This message is about reverse DNS lookup, not a GeoIP lookup. But the
message is harmless, nevertheless.

> It makes sense that this fails if the IP you are hiding is an internal IP,
> for these kinds of IPs, it's impossible to lookup the location in the Geomind
> database that is used for this purpose.

SolrLogger actually should already respect X-Forwarded-For if
useProxies is enabled:

[1]
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/dspace-5.0/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/authenticate
[2]