DSPACE 5 now does a lot more with metadata. After the upgrade I see that there
are two new schemes:

SELECT * FROM METADATASCHEMAREGISTRY;

METADATA_SCHEMA_ID       NAMESPACE                           SHORT_ID
        1       http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/     dc
        2       http://www.princeton.edu/                       pu
        21      http://purl.org/dc/terms/                       dcterms
        22      http://dspace.org/eperson                       eperson

There are a good number of related fields for the new schemas:

SELECT  MF.* FROM METADATAFIELDREGISTRY MF WHERE MF.METADATA_SCHEMA_ID  > 2;

METADATA_FIELD_ID  METADATA_SCHEMA_ID  ELEMENT
243 21 abstract
244 21 accessRights
245 21 accrualMethod
296 21 type
297 21 valid
298 22 firstname
299 22 lastname
300 22 phone
301 22 language

But when I look into the metadata value table there is not a single related
value

SELECT * FROM METADATAVALUE MV WHERE   MV.METADATA_FIELD_ID in
    (SELECT  MF.METADATA_FIELD_ID FROM METADATAFIELDREGISTRY MF WHERE
MF.METADATA_SCHEMA_ID  > 2);
no rows selected

This does not feel right - is there a step I overlooked ?
I sent a question earlier in about version 5 not recognizing an IP group  - see
enclosed message below. I suspect that this may be a related issue.

Monika

Monika Mevenkamp
phone: 609-258-4161
Lewis Library,Washington Road and Ivy Lane, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
08544

On Mar 10, 2015, at 4:09 PM, Monika C. Mevenkamp