Hilton Gibson,
                     I think I have found out the solution. At least it
works fine for me ! What I wanted was to change(add) name to the workflow
steps in XMLWorkflow. I edited this in the file messages.xml located at*
/usr/local/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/webapps/xmlui/WEB-INF/classes/aspects/XMLWorkflow/i18n*.
It worked fine for me. Thanks for the help.