Hi George,

On 4/8/2015 1:48 PM, George Stanley Kozak wrote:
> By the way, I run my webapps under tomcat, but I know that some of you
> run the webapps in their dspace directory.  Is there any advantage to
> doing one or another?

It's really just a matter of preference, it doesn't matter which way you
load your webapps via Tomcat.  But, as Graham notes, the one thing you
don't want to do is have a single webapp loaded *twice*.  So, if your
XMLUI (or JSPUI) webapp is both under [tomcat]/webapps/ and configured
under [tomcat]/config/Catalina/localhost/ , then Tomcat may be
essentially running two copies of it. As Graham notes, this also could
be a possible cause of the Solr lock errors.

Out of curiosity, are you running both XMLUI and JSPUI in parallel?
While I've never heard it reported, I wonder if doing so could be
causing that same sort of issue -- one webapp obtains Solr access, and
the other then hits lock errors.

(Again though, this is complete speculation...just trying to determine
what may be unique about your 5.1 setup)

- Tim