Hi,

We use dspace with some customizations.
We also use additional tables that are set in another schema than public (e.g.:"myshema").

In the fix Fix DS-2427 for 5.1, the name of the schema is given by DatabaseUtils.getSchemaName(connection); When we use Postgresql and the default configuration, the schema returned by this function is always "public".

In our customized classes, the usage of DatabaseManager.queryTable() gives systematically an error because TablerowIterator.columnNames is null : => in the function DabaseManager.retrieveColumnInfo("myshema.mytable") the catalog is set to "myshema" but the shema is set to "public" (instead of "myshema" I think) and metadata.getColumns(catalog, schema, tname, null) give null because the table "mytable" doesn't exists in the "public" schema!

Can we have something like this to patch this problem ?:
[DatabaseManager - line 1250]

// Get current database schema name
String schema;
if (catalog != null) schema = catalog;
else schema = DatabaseUtils.getSchemaName(connection);

Thanks,

Fabian Smagghe
University of Liege - Belgium