Hi Hongxing,

Thanks again for your assistance.  I have CAS *mostly* working now – i.e. I
authenticate users using CAS and auto-register them with a custom group at
their first login.  As per the code snippets at
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/222/files?diff=unified, I populate their
eperson account with fixed firstName and lastName values that they have to
change manually in their profile.  I would like to populate these with their
real name values via the authentication process.

In our 3.1 instance we retrieve the values of firstName, lastName and email via
CAS, but my attempts in 5.1 are failing.  One noticeable difference I see is
that in our 3.1 instance we have multiple <filter>/<filter-mapping> entries in
xmlui’s web.xml file.  When I introduce these <filter>’s and <filter-mapping>’s
in 5.1 DSpace it shows “authentication failed” on the page, and in the DSpace
log I get an error like:

2015-04-28 08:51:12,278 INFO
org.jasig.cas.client.proxy.ProxyGrantingTicketStorageImpl @ No Proxy Ticket
found for []    .
  2 2015-04-28 08:51:12,310 INFO  org.dspace.app.xmlui.utils.AuthenticationUtil
@ anonymous:session_id=89D79CD05A27E0343FE
618B6E5ED66DB:ip_addr=129.97.58.43:failed_login:email=null, realm=null, result=5

What did you have in your web.xml when you implemented CAS in DSpace 5.x?  It
would be great to retrieve the user’s name and email from our authentication
server when they login for the first time.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham