Thanks very much Monika!  I'll try it out.

Cheers,

Anthony

From: Monika C. Mevenkamp [mailto:moni...@princeton.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 9:59 AM
To: Anthony Petryk
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] spider ip recognition

Anthony

I wrote a small ruby script to put solr queries together when I was poking
around my stats

see https://github.com/akinom/dscriptor/blob/master/solr/solr_query.rb
an example parameter file is
https://github.com/akinom/dscriptor/blob/master/solr/solr_query.yml

run it as    ruby solr/solr_query.rb

of cause you ned to adjust the parameters in the mL file

you can query like this

http://localhost:YOUR-PORT/solr/statistics/select?wt=json&indent=true&rows=1&facet=true&facet.field=ip&facet.mincount=1&q=type:2+id:218+isBot:false

exclude records that are marked as bots
do type:2 - aka items
do id:218 - aka item with id 218
return one item
facet on ip addresses

crank up the number of rows to get more matching docs

Monika

Monika Mevenkamp
phone: 609-258-4161
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544

On May 7, 2015, at 3:26 PM, Anthony Petryk