Hello,
I have been working on an upgrade from an older postgres db in 1.6 dspace to
the latest install of dspace 5.1.
I ran the upgrades, checked migrate and started up the tomcat server. All
looked well at first, but then any attempt to update profiles or show users
resulted in an exception.

I ran a maven clean package, then an ant fresh install.  After that I couldn't
even create an administrator:
Exception: Invalid metadata field: [eperson.lastname]
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid metadata field: [eperson.lastname]
        at org.dspace.content.DSpaceObject.updateMetadata(DSpaceObject.java:122)
        at org.dspace.eperson.EPerson.update(EPerson.java:1056)
        at
org.dspace.administer.CreateAdministrator.createAdministrator(CreateAdministrator.java:259)
        at
org.dspace.administer.CreateAdministrator.negotiateAdministratorDetails(CreateAdministrator.java:206)
        at
org.dspace.administer.CreateAdministrator.main(CreateAdministrator.java:82)
        at
        at
        at
org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.runOneCommand(ScriptLauncher.java:225)
        at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:77)

Anyone know where this is coming from? I did delete my old browse indexes but I
didn't think they were needed any more...this is the same type of error I was
getting on the web ui when trying to access anything to do with the eperson
admin interface.

Anyone who can help - greatly appreciated. I need to get this server up and
running :)

Thanks!
Shannon