Hi Emmanuel,

The process sounds correct, but as Olivier mentioned, you may want to
restore to a DSpace 3.x instance (since you exported from 3.1). After
the restore, you can then upgrade to DSpace 4.2.

Also, a few of the arguments to your restore command don't look correct:

-e dspace@localhost

The "-e" argument specifies the EPerson in DSpace to run the command as.
Is there really an EPerson named "dspace@localhost" in your DSpace?

-i 1/0

The "-i" argument specifies the identifier of the object under which the
content should be restored. When performing a full site restore, this
identifier should end in "/0" (which is what you have). But, you should
specify your Handle prefix before the "/0" (i.e. the value of
"handle.prefix" in your dspace.cfg file).  Is your "handle.prefix" value
really "1"?  If not, this "-i" argument value should be changed to
"[handle.prefix]/0"

If you are still having issues, please check your logs for specific
error messages, and send those errors to this mailing list. Some notes
on locating errors in logs are at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error

More notes on the restore command are in the AIP documentation at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore#AIPBackupandRestore-RestoringEntireSite

- Tim