Hi Jose,

The reindexing process only occurs for the Search/Browse indexes (and it
doesn't touch the Solr Statistics index). So, it would not be directly
related to any issues with Solr Statistics. The only part of the upgrade
that affects the Solr Statistics index is that the Solr Stats index will
be *upgraded* (to the latest version of Solr) during the "ant update" step.

Since you said the re-indexing (of Search/Browse index) didn't complete,
you probably should manually re-run it (just in case it is somehow
affecting the "spinning" you are seeing):

[dspace]/bin/index-discovery -b

(By default, during the 5.x upgrade, that "index-discovery -b" command
runs automatically when you first startup Tomcat after upgrading to 5.x.
The only way to re-run it after that point is to run it manually from
the commandline.)

- Tim