Thank you, helix84! By using psql I could add an eperson into a group without
any problems.

I used "SELECT * FROM epersongroup " to get the IDs, but I couldn't seem to
find the corresponding group name in the database. To find the name I had to
look it up as an admin on our DSpace page under Access Control->Groups. Is
there a way to find the IDs and names of the groups in the database?

--
Vegard