Hey,

I'm using DSpace 4.3 and trying to search for items matching certain
metadata. The REST API docs on GitHub[0] mention that you can POST to
`rest/items/find-by-metadata-field`, but it doesn't give any more
information than that (like how to specify query parameters).

I've tried several variations of the following:

$ http --print Hhb POST '
http://localhost:8080/rest/items/find-by-metadata-field'
dc.subject="LACTATION"

It always returns with an HTTP 405. What is the proper way to use this?
Does the POST require I login first or something?

Thanks,

[0] https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master/dspace-rest

--
Alan Orth