Oh wait, setting ADD policy for Group=Anonymous does work,
after all.

But I think I found a bug?

If you login, click on "Submissions", click "Start a new submission",
then "Select a Collection", there are no Collections displayed
in the popup menu.  (That's what was throwing me.)

But if you navigate directly to a Collection, and click "Submit a
new Item", it does work.