After all this talk about the new and improved and entirely different web UI on
the strategic plan at the OR conference, I am wondering how to proceed forward.
We are stuck in the past: 1.8 JSPUI with a few customizations.

It would be easy to port this to JSPUI in version 5, but the bootstrap theme
does not work particularly well for us - it seems rather space consuming.

Has somebody a modified css / small JSPUI customizations that lead to a tighter
UI layout ?

Comparing what I see in the XMLUI 5 with JSPUI 1.8, I see nice features like

  *   admin can impersonate another user
  *   a control panel with system info - the ability to start curation tasks …
  *   and a much more friendly interface for dealing with editing an items
metadata authorization, …

Aside from the different look and feel what are the functional/feature
differences between the XMLUI and JSPUI ?

One of the changes we made requires a custom agreement page and programming a
bit of logic when to pop that page up and when to simply show a bitstream. Who
I did I talk to who said they have a custom agreement type page at the OR
conference ?  Please holler - was that XMLUI ?

Monika

—
Monika Mevenkamp
Digital Repository Infrastructure Developer
Phone: 609-258-4161
333C 701 Carnegie, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544