Thanks Tim,

> A silly question, but is the
> "org.dspace.authenticate.ShibAuthentication" class listed *first* amongst your
> "AuthenticationMethod" settings in authentication.cfg? Or are there other
> authentication plugins appearing above it?

No such thing as a silly question - always worth checking the obvious :-)

But yes, the Shib Authentication class is listed first (with Password
authentication second as a fall back for external users) . . . .

> It seems really odd to me that you are not seeing DEBUG logs from the
> ShibAuthentication.getSpecialGroups() method, as they should be written on
> *login* (and shouldn't actually be affected by that other bug I mentioned, DS-
> 2527).

Yes, agreed - I thought it odd that I couldn't see any of these log lines
appearing when logging on . . . .

> So, it made me wonder if somehow the Special Groups are not being
> initialized properly (though I cannot think of why that'd be).

It certainly seems that way on the evidence so far . . .

> You could try
> listing ShibAuthentication *first* (or removing any other Authentication
> plugins temporarily) to see if that makes any difference.

I will try and find some time to investigate again and will try this . . .

> Beyond that, honestly your configs look fine to me. I don't see anything
> obviously wrong here, and I've done something similar myself in the past (and
> it's always worked).

That's good to know - I'll have another play with this at some point and see if
I can learn any more - if I do, I'll obviously share what I find :-)

Thanks again,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Developer
Information Services

T: (01786) 466877
E: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk

--
The University is ranked in the QS World Rankings of the top 5% of universities
in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2014)