Hi,

I wonder how is handled batch metadata edit in dspace, such that to avoid
data inconsistency.

More specifically, Let say that i have an item that is archived. but still
in the review workflow.

Let say someone is reviewing the metadata of an item, while a batch edit is
being done by someone else.

I wonder what happens in that case.

Indeed, this person will have a page with some metadata value that will be
changed in the background.

What happens when that person save the item ? Does it erase the operation of
the batch edit ?

I need to implement a functionality similar to the batch edit, that is, an
operation that will change some record on the background from time to time.
It has to do with Taxonomy management.
Hence, i wonder what are my options to update item metadata values in the
background, such that is does not interfere with eventually item that are
being reviewed.

Many thanks in advance.