Hardy, sorry for the delay.

I tried CSS but despite beeing able to reduce the size of the bar, when it
is clicked, the contents just stay the same way, so the page size stays
gigantic but you cant see why unless you click on the bar.

I looked into the probelm with more detail,  and in Dspace 4 there was a
similar problem, with the "move item" menu option: edit Item > move. The
java file responsible for that problem in Dspace 4 was "MoveItemForm.java"
in the following part of the code

*for (Collection collection : collections)        {            String name
= collection.getMetadata("name");            if (name.length() >
72)            {                name = name.substring(0, 69) +
"...";            }            // Only add the item if it isn't already the
owner            if (!item.isOwningCollection(collection))
{                select.addOption(collection.equals(owningCollection),
collection.getID(),
CollectionDropDown.collectionPath(collection));            }        }*

Note that, it already limits the size of the bar. So it should not grow,
but I noted one thing. In Dspace 4 the only place I found that kind of
scroll bar, was in xmlui interface when you access an Item and then go to
the menu option: edit Item > move.

But, after the upgrade to Dspace 5 there is a New section in the menus, the
one I mentioned before, witch is named "Content Administration" and in that
section there is the batch import where the same problem with the scroll
bar happens.

In the instalation I have of Dspace 4 when I change the size of the Scroll
in the "MoveItemForm.java" it works, but in Dspace 5 it just doesn't take
effect. I installed Dspace 5 on another machine and the bars were wrong
too, so I'd like to know, am I the only one having this problem?

And my theory is that possibly they created a global method for creating
those bars since now they don't have only in one place, and that part above
of tha "MoveItemForm.java" code has no use anymore. I just can't find where
that new scroll bar is defined, any ideas?

I've been trying to identify this problem for some time and this is getting
me crazy, anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the attention.

--
Arthur Sady C. Rossetti