The code I sent you tries to be as non-invasive as possible. When you add
the template, the only the DRI output of the homepage should change but not
the DRI output of the community-list. Therefore, if your collapse/expand
widgets are just css/js, they should continue to work. If, however, they do
any modifications to XSLT, that may change how the community-list DRI is
rendered and it's possible my snippet interferes with it somehow. Check
whether there are any differences in community-list DRI between how Mirage
renders it and your theme renders it.