On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:51:31AM -0400, Yongming Wang wrote:
> We just implemented DSpace 5.2 and use jspui interface. In order to access
> the application, we use the url "http://xxxx.tcnj.edu/jspui"; (we have already
> changed the default port 8080 to 80).
>
> Is it possible to remove the "jspui" part? So that when people enter
> "http://xxxx.tcnj.edu";, it will access the jspui application.

If you are using Tomcat as your servlet container, the webapp. at the
root path ("/") is named ROOT.  So find the place where JSPUI was
deployed to Tomcat and rename it:

o  If you are using an unpacked webapp, it will be a directory named
   jspui.  Rename it to ROOT.

o  If you are using a WAR, it will be named jspui.war, and should be
   renamed to ROOT.war.

o  If you are using separate Context descriptor files, the file will
   be named jspui.xml, and should be renamed ROOT.xml.  The directory
   or WAR which is named as the docbase in that file need not be
   renamed, and it is probably most convenient not to.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming

If you're using some other container, I can't give specific advice.
I'm sure there is a way to do this, but it will be different.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library