Elias,

AFAIK, DSpace's REST doesn't support yet user administration operations,
such as create/destroy users, modify user attributes, ... Unfortunately.
But, assuming it's a really recent addition to Dspace, there's no reason
for complaints. Besides that, taking a look at rest's api code, it doens't
seems to be so difficult to add new functions to it.

Also, earlier this year, i've created some shell-scripts to test all rest's
api endpoints: https://gitlab.c3sl.ufpr.br/bnzanette/dspace-rest-requests
And my team and i created a Ruby Gem to use as basis for our projects:
https://gitlab.c3sl.ufpr.br/c3sl/dspace-rest-client Unfortunately, we
decided to go on another direction, because the lack of user functions. But
it works pretty well and we've used it on development for many months. It's
missing a better documentation, but i can provide our project's code on
which we've used it as a sample.

Em qua, 26 de ago de 2015 às 17:31, Monika C. Mevenkamp <
moni...@princeton.edu> escreveu:

> I have a script that creates a collection templating the new collection
> after another collection
> I do this in jruby. If you are interested have a look at
> https://github.com/akinom/dscriptor
> See the way I use it at
> https://github.com/akinom/dscriptor/blob/master/utils/pulibs.rb
> The stuff is not very well documented - but if you are interested just ask
> away
>
> Monika
>

> —
> Monika Mevenkamp
> Digital Repository Infrastructure Developer
> Phone: 609-258-4161
> 333C 701 Carnegie, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544
>
> On Aug 26, 2015, at 3:41 PM, Mark H. Wood <mw...@iupui.edu> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 02:27:02PM -0400, Elias Tzoc wrote:
>
> We’re testing a basic REST API script for creating collections for new
> users, and it’s partially working.  We can create collections but we’re not
> sure how to add (new) e-persons to recently created collections, the
> e-person should be an administrator and submitter for his/her collection.
>
> We’ve checked these pages, but we cannot seem to find an example for
> adding administrators or submitters
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API <
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API>
> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master/dspace-rest <
> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master/dspace-rest>
>

> I haven't tried to do that, but I can say that an EPerson is not added
> to a Collection but to one of several EPersonGroups associated with
> the collection.  I think that's not supported yet.
>
> --
> Mark H. Wood
> Lead Technology Analyst
>
> University Library
> Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
> 755 W. Michigan Street
> Indianapolis, IN 46202
> 317-274-0749
> www.ulib.iupui.edu