Mick Johnson wrote:
> Dear all

Hi Mick,

> Sorry it's taken a while for me to get back to everyone on the topic of a
> Dspam fork.
>
> Sensory Networks continues to maintain these mailing lists, the website, and
> the mirror system (currently attempting to reconnect 2 of the disconnected
> mirrors). I have 10 - 20 currently outstanding patches, depending on whether
> you count by email or section of code, and we are attempting to schedule a
> future release candidate.

Could you please apply the patches and update CVS so that not everyone is
doing the same patch again and again. It would be even better to switch to git
instead of CVS.

> My understanding up until these recent discussions was that about 90% of
> users were fairly happy with 3.6.8, and a few were still testing 3.8.0. I
> therefore saw no real urgency to push out the next release candidate, which
> is likely to be 3.8.1, and still requires a high degree of testing. Of
> course, Dspam is much more than the code, and the collaboration of the
> community here is very important to us. Please keep the patches coming!

I know about a lot of users who switched back to dspam 3.6.8 cause 3.8.0 has a
lot of problems. For example the "no such user"-Bug in dspamc (see my patches).

> We'll be putting out the next patch release early next year, and would like
> anyone interested in being a tester to please drop us a line! You can always

Sorry, I don't understand why this is required. Create a source package
release it to the public. People will try and test it and report back to the
dev mailing list. There are a lot of people doing patches atm.

> contact us directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED], or
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] I'll also get in touch with the gentoo guys to
> see if we can pull their changes across as well.
>
> Cheers
> Mick Johnson
> Sensory Networks

Best regards,