Bug Tracker item #3413998, was opened at 2011-09-26 13:53
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by itheiss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126467&aid=3413998&group_id=250683

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: v3.10.x

Initial Comment:
After PostgreSQL 9.1 has hit Debian/testing DSPAM fails to insert data into the
table 'dspam_signature_data' (see attached sql_erros.txt). After digging around
in the source code I have seen the function 'PQescapeByteaConn' (pgsql_drv.c
line 1574) is used to escape the data. Unfortunately with PostgreSQL 9.1 the
default from the setting 'standard_conforming_strings' has changed from 'off'
to 'on'. Please read the following thread as I am not an expert in
C-Programming nor in PostgreSQL:
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/PQescapeByteaConn-returns-wrong-string-for-PG9-1-Beta3-td4667713.html

I can confirm that DSPAM is working again if I set 'standard_conforming_strings
= off' in my postgresql.conf. But since the new default for PostgreSQL 9.1 is
'standard_conforming_strings = on' this should be considered in pgsql_drv.c.