Feature Requests item #2786550, was opened at 2009-05-04 04:43
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tomhendr
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126468&aid=2786550&group_id=250683

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Having historically had suspicions of dspam 'blackholing' or losing email, the
first place we go is logs.  However, dspam logging is awful, you really have no
idea what it's doing or whether the mail is still in dspam or handed off.  I'd
like to see postfix style logging.  It would make sense to me that dspam logs
with a queue ID of all email entering lmtpd/smtpd and based on a 'loglevel' in
conf provide various detail in syslog.  I'd like to see specifically a queueid
with a destination email address when it hits dspam, then information on what
its doing, whether its scanning or not and finally when the queueid finally
delivers to smtp/lmtp behind

Date: 2012-04-04 07:37

Message:
This is a longstanding annoyance for me too, and tried to improve logging
some time ago. Attached patch will add some logging output, and give you
more control about which things are logged (for those who seem to like the
error-only output of the current implementation).