Bug Tracker item #3521399, was opened at 2012-04-25 11:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sbajic
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126467&aid=3521399&group_id=250683

not just the latest update.
Category: daemon
Group: v3.10.x

Initial Comment:
hi, using dovecot-antispam with dspam backend.
all is working fine so far. just have some small issue. whenever I move an
email from/to a spam folder (i.e. from INBOX to Spam, quarantine to Spam, etc)
dspam is submitting a new empty email through the lmtp interface and
subsequently delivered via postfix and dovecot to the recipients INBOX.
As sender the value from ClientIdent is used.

I attached the debug log of dspam - do you need something else?

Date: 2012-05-04 16:25

Message:
Is this a new install? If yes then might I ask you why you use TEFT and why
you use chain as tokenizer?

Comment By: Stevan Bajic (sbajic)
Date: 2012-05-04 16:20

Message:
I just looked quickly at your dspam.conf. Why have you turned on pristine
training?

Are you really sure you want that?

#
# TrainPristine: for systems where the original message remains server
side
# and can therefore be presented in pristine format for retraining. This
option
# will cause DSPAM to cease all writing of signatures and DSPAM headers to
the
# message, and deliver the message in as pristine format as possible. This
mode
# REQUIRES that the original message in its pristine format (as of
delivery)
# be presented for retraining, as in the case of webmail, imap, or other
# applications where the message is actually kept server-side during
reading,
# and is preserved. DO NOT use this switch unless the original message can
be
# presented for retraining with the ORIGINAL HEADERS and NO MODIFICATIONS.
#
# NOTE: You can't use this setting with dspam_trian; if you're going to use
it,
#       wait until after you train any corpora.
#

Turning that on makes training with the signature pointless.

Comment By: Stevan Bajic (sbajic)