So far, it doesn't seem to introduce any expected behavior.

As to seeing if it does what it's supposed to do, that will take some
time.  I've never experienced total quarantine loss, just reports of
lost email when retraining 2 more more messages from the history tab.

Seems to not be easily reproducible issue.
-Troy