Bug Tracker item #3605197, was opened at 2013-02-18 07:42
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126467&aid=3605197&group_id=250683

not just the latest update.
Category: daemon
Group: v3.10.x

Initial Comment:
Good morning,
I configured postfix to send missed spam mail to dspam through pipe with the
following entry in the master.cf configuration file:

spam   unix    -       n       n       -       10      pipe
  flags=Ru user=dspam argv=/usr/local/bin/dspamc --user root --class=spam
--source=error

It seems that the system works fine but in the maillog i have the following
error:

Feb 18 16:06:54 dspam dspam[19530]: Signature retrieval for
'122,512239e722133388817095' failed
Feb 18 16:06:54 dspam dspam[19530]: Unable to find a valid signature. Aborting.
Feb 18 16:06:54 dspam dspam[19530]: process_message returned error -5.
dropping message.

If I make an sql query on DB, i can find a record with signature =
'122,512239e722133388817095'

what was wrong?

Thanks

Date: 2013-02-19 10:55

Message:
I can see that the problem is that I used --user root calling dspamc. If i
use the correct username that "possesses" the signature all is fine. I have
resolved using a perl script, instead of the direct pipe to dspam, that
finds the username relative to the signature and then calls dspam with the
correct user. thanks