On 03-01-14 03:49, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> Le jeudi 2 janvier 2014, 14:51:41 Tom Hendrikx a écrit :
>>
>> As stated in the thread with Thomas, the problem is not in way
>> patches can or could be reviewed. The manpower to do so is
>> missing, and there are some patches out there that fix problems
>> in code that nobody is (or should be) running, f.i. the css-file
>> backend.
>
> Right, I said I would change the default in Debian but forgot about
> that. I need to evaluate the impact of such a change and decide
> whether to go for mysql / mariadb or postgresql. Would you
> recommend one over the other?

I realize that this is a big change, that is probably not made easiy.
As far as I know, the mysql backend has the most work in it as should
be the most used/tested/bugfixed backend we have. I use pgsql myself
without major issues (but it has some minor caveats).

As for the mysql/mariadb differences: there was a recent thread in the
dspam-user mailinglist on that.

>> Applying the patch might solve the contributer's problem, but
>> since nobody in the DSPAM team is using the code in production,
>> it's really hard to test whether it actually works (or doesn't
>> break anything else).
>
> I completely understand. However I can tell that people complained
> about this problem and when it was solved incorrectly new bug
> reports poped up. Then when it got properly fixed (last patch) all
> bug report were closed and no new were reopened. On the contrary, I
> got emails stating that everything works now.

That's good to hear.

> Anyway I noticed the change of status of 2 of my bug report so
> thank you a lot for reviewing my patch.

No problem :)