On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 18:11:05 +0100
dspam-devel--- via Dspam-devel <dspam-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> dspam-devel@lists.sourceforge.net skrev den 2019-01-01 07:14:
> > I have adapted the daemon to use kqueue instead of select. If anyone
> > is interested in the patch.

I'm willing to give your patch a try :)

> if you knwo where maintainers are now aday, add it to them, sadly is
> just i think none really use dspam anymore, i would had used it if it
> was more maintained, and helpfull integradeing milter to dspam so it
> have more simple setup then it currently have, i know from a gentoo
> dev side that dspam-milter exists, but it would need more work to
> make it more stable, and since i think lots of distros is precompiled
> problems this takes even more time, since more maintainers say why
> should we add it, none of the other precompiled problems do it
>
> all that sayed, i have had fun using dspam and dspam milter on
> gentoo, self maintained ebuilds in fidonet overlay, currently i have
> removed them possible i could add them back and hope for proxy
> maintainer helps with them, would be nice if thay go into gentoo
> portage
>
> thanks for your work, if just more did that it would be better

Well, it's still in the FreeBSD Ports Tree and also available to
install via packages.

I recently installed it on a FreeBSD 12 with MySQL 5.7 with InnoDB
tables as backed, running as content filter for Postfix.
(Found a few little things to fix, like defaulting mysql to innodb and
some cosmetic fixed in the docs, but I lost my SF account a few years
back. Stevan, do you still have yours?)

For reference:
 # dspam --version

DSPAM Anti-Spam Suite 3.10.2 (agent/library)

Copyright (C) 2002-2012 DSPAM Project
http://dspam.sourceforge.net.

DSPAM may be copied only under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public
License, a copy of which can be found with the DSPAM distribution kit.

Configuration parameters:  '--sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc'
'--with-logdir=/var/log/dspam' '--with-dspam-home=/var/db/dspam'
'--with-dspam-home-owner=dspam' '--with-dspam-home-group=dspam'
'--with-dspam-home-mode=0770' '--with-dspam-owner=dspam'
'--with-dspam-group=dspam' '--enable-syslog' '--enable-debug'
'--enable-preferences-extension' '--enable-daemon' '--enable-clamav'
'--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/include/mysql'
'--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib/mysql' '--with-storage-driver=mysql_drv'
'--enable-virtual-users' '--enable-long-usernames' '--with-dspam-mode=4511'
'--prefix=/usr/local' '--localstatedir=/var' '--mandir=/usr/local/man'
'--infodir=/usr/local/info/' '--build=amd64-portbld-freebsd12.0'
'build_alias=amd64-portbld-freebsd12.0' 'CC=cc' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
-fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing ' 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
-fstack-protector ' 'LIBS=' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include' 'CPP=cpp'

 # cpp --version
FreeBSD clang version 6.0.1 (tags/RELEASE_601/final 335540) (based on LLVM
6.0.1)
Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd12.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /usr/bin