At 02:30 AM 5/22/2008, you wrote:
>I spoke to a few Icom reps at Dayton, and they all made mentioned of a price
>increase at the beginning of the next month to compensate for the poor
>condition of the US dollar.

Given the way the US dollar has tanked of late, I would see this as a
perfectly feasible and reasonable development.  Back in the 909's,
when our dollar sank below submarine depth (around 45c US, compared
to the current 95c US, and more importantly, under 70 yen, compared
to today's 100 yen), we got similar announcements from the
manufacturers, and prices started to look more like telephone numbers. :(

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com