John,

You know now of us male Hams do not read the manual until we screw something
up, hi.

However, one would think this "reset" would not be on page 118 of the manual,
but a seperate card to get ones attention if this should be done from the start.

Most rigs I've worked with do have a "RESET" procedure in the event something
goes wrong such as leaving in the car with windows open and it rains.  As with
my IC3200 analog rig it came up in 600 MHz band.  Don't ask for I have not
clue.  Did the reset and back to day one as a 144/440 rig.  However, nothing
has resorted my TS60S 6 m rig where half the buttons don't work and cannot get
out of FM.

I did start with my IC91AD out of the box and read little of the manual.  After
knowing what had to be put in it was pretty strieght forward.  Lots to do, but
still rather simple.

As for knowing if you got a demo or new in the box well maybe if it still has
the tape type covers over the display, other freqs with calls programmed or
seal on the box.  Of course this is not full proof.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS