> I have loaded the SW ok, but can't get it to talk to my 2820 or 91AD,

For the 91, make sure the radio is on band B, in vfo mode, and the mode
is set to DV instead of FM or something.

> The 2820 shows error Radio did not echo frame

This is what Brian is seeing, so lets see what my proposed change does
for him.

> The 91 shows the download and upload buttons greyed out

That's to be expected.  The 91 is controlled live instead of by image,
so you can go straight to the export part.  Type or choose a filename
and hit the export button.

> Using the appropriate ICOM SW woks OK, using the ICOM data lead.

The OPC-478?  When did you get it?  I'm wondering if there are a couple
versions of this cable floating around.

Thanks!

--
Dan Smith