> Thought you 2820 buffs would like to see this one!
> > Good news on getting APRS onto the 2820 DSTAR radio!
> >
> > JefF, KB2M has been working on a plug-n-play solution where you
> > just plug the D710 APRS Display head into the external
> > audio/data jack of the Icom 2820 radio so that you can run DSTAR
> > on band B and run APRS with almost all the features of the D710
> > on the A side.

This is drifting seriously off-topic, but I would hate to leave
someone trying to decide which D-Star radio to purchase with the
erroneous impression that jury-rigging a Kenwoood D710 APRS DISPLAY
HEAD ($324 GigaParts current out-of-stock sale price) would provide
the IC-2820 a complete APRS setup in addition to a complete D-Star
setup.  You would also need to purchase a second GPS for the D710 to
be able to TRANSMIT your position to APRS.  The D710 does not contain
a GPS, and there is no way to feed the output of the IC-2820 internal
GPS to the D710 or any external accessory.

73 -- John