I just bought an IC92 at the Belton, Texas Ham Expo that was held
yesterday.  I have been using dstarcom and chirp to work with the
files as well as open office CALC to modify the files.

The 92 has a provision for exporting memory channels into CSV files in
blocks of 100 memories.  The sequence of fields is different between
the 91 and 92.  I opened both the first 100 memories in the B bank (A
vs B for analog vs digital) and decided to cut and paste.  Every time
I tried to import the modified file back into the 92 I got illegal
file data error from the RS92 software.

Two reasons:  1 - Open Office CALC defaults a Text Delimiter (" that
is masked) as well as the comma delimiter (separator between fields)
AND 2: The Location field (memory number) has to have a leading edge
'0' in the first 9 locations.

I used notepad to put the leading zeros back and when opening the file
in CALC set the text delimiter to blank.  Hope this saves someone some
time and frustration.

No tremendous differences between the 91 and 92 thus far - more power
settings and slightly different display beside the WX proof case - I
did not buy the GPS mic and forgot to buy the protective case.

73, Steve NU5D

PS - Sure would like to see CHIRP go forward - lots of potential..sb