I understand and respect both your points of view.

I just prefer an model where everyone can use the systems and those
that can pay do so. More people are included this way. Many business
succeed with a focus on volume (like Walmart and Costco). I would bet
that if registration was centralized and automatic the increased
number of dStar users would result in more revenue for the local clubs
that have invested in dStar hardware.

When I look at the stats it look like peak concurrent usage is 100 or
less. I think dStar would benefit from more users and allowing anyone
to register would increase subscriptions and usage.

Thanks for taking time to respond I appreciate the insight you have
given me.

KI6UIB

--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Fran Miele" <f...@...> wrote:

> I agree with Dan! You are way off base. Repeaters don't come free.
They