--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "larryhayter" <larryhay...@...>
wrote:

> I have been using D-Star now for about 6 months and enjoy mobiling.
> My radio is and IC91AD and I have recently started using the GPS
> function.
> Unfortunately, there is only one radio port and when using GPS I
> cannot use other computer connections or software.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to port the GPS data to the radio
> from a PC.
> E.g.  GPS > PC > Radio.
> This way I could switch software instead of cables...just asking!!
>
> 73
> Larry - VE3LGH

Haven't done it personally, but the cable diagrams for the 91AD can be
found here: http://cobalt.n5zpr.com/Media/icom_cables.pdf

If you can send NMEA sentences from your software to the radio at the
4800 baud standard, it should work, nothing magic here.  You may have
to try pins 2 and 3 swapped on the computer port.  You might also
check the information at the D-RATS site, as many folks seem to be
doing similar computer generated GPS strings there -
http://www.d-rats.com/wiki/

John - K7VE