Hello Stephen,

Despite your your publicized efforts to make known the encryption keys
used, DES-XL encryption is just that -- encryption.  Using encryption or
cyphers is verboten under Part 97.309(4)(c).  There's no way to "get
around" the encryption issue -- either you're implementing encryption,
or you're not.  It's that simple...

I know your radios have the ability to turn off the encryption or cypher
feature, for I have worked as a technician, engineer, and a consultant
in the public safety communications, commercial wire-line and wireless,
and DoD / non-DoD government telecommunications industries for well over
twenty years now.  Therefore, do not engage the feature, per regulation,
on amateur bands.

Now, if you wish to operate digitally modulated radios using Project 25
C4FM or D-Star's GMSK modulation (or others), with DVSI's various
vocoders, or other currently known codecs, that is perfectly fine!
Experimentation and technical discovery is highly encouraged and remains
the essential essence of amateur radio.  Just do not encrypt or cypher
said digital streams, for it is verboten, per regulation.  There's no
"getting around" this until Part 97 regs are changed.  ;)

73 de Steve, NL7W