1) Set Frequency to 449.5625/444.5625
2) Set -DUP
3) Mode DV-G
4) Set CALL SIGN
  UR: CQCQCQ
  R1: WD7STR B
  R2: Not Used
  MY: KC7VE

I then key the mic and announce a test, to see if anyone can receive
me.  I have been getting no contact all day.  I suppose it could just
be that no one is on the air.  However, It's also quite likely that I
have forgotten to set somthing up properly.

Is what I have done above, all that is required, using the IC-92AD,
to use the handheld for voice, on this D-Star repeater?

Is there any other way I can test this (i.e. send a text to someone),
who might be willing to help me see if it's working?  I'm quite new
to this (duh!) so I don't know if that is possible with this repeater.