From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of k2aau
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:50 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] No Gateway, what would a D-Star Repeater act as?

Okay, I am new to this and can't seem to find a straight answer.

If I can't maintain a Gateway for the Internet, could the D-Star Repeater
still transmit Voice and Data with users able to decipher data using D-Chat
or whatever ohter platform that is out there.

Or,

Would this repeater be a stand-alone for transmitting digital voice only?

Thanks in Advance,

73

Artie
k2aau