Steve,

   I corresponded with Ryota “Roy” Motobayashi, JJ1WTL who provided the
Japanese Callsign Database.  He provided me an additional link he created

to Japans Special Operation Stations at
<http://motobayashi.net/callsign/enigma/special_op.html>
http://motobayashi.net/callsign/enigma/special_op.html  This link provides a
history of digital communications

and the linking of D-STAR Repeaters and Zones in Japan. I don’t know if you
caught that hyperlink on his original page I sent. I didn’t, so I guess I
should

look around some more because I find his history of Japanese Amateur Radio
so interesting.  He confirmed I am the original holder of my call sign since

Japan only had the KA#$$ 2x2 format call signs with the exception of KA2FEC
(Far East Command) KA2USA and KA2USF and were issued to US Military

Stations in Japan.

    It not only graphs the call signs and frequencies but current and past
microwave links and internal IP’s of their JARL Network… pretty cool for
D-STAR History.

   Amongst other items he talks about their “Discipline Radio Station”s  or
MIC’s which are Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. These are
their

Enforcement stations which directly call those who are operating their
stations off a designated band. They too have a 27MHz CB Band! Their 156MHz
Band

must be a Marine Radio Band and not Amateur Radio per se.

Roy will be at the Dayton Hamfest. I probably won’t be able to make the trip
but of all things he is flying to Denver after the hamfest on United Flight
UA7373

I wonder who designated that flight number coming from Dayton!

73,

  Barry A. Wilson KAØBBQ
  D-STAR UR=/WØCDS B

 DD A 1299.9000 RPS