Thanks Jack. I did get it to work with Chirp. I can't seem to get
      the RT software to work no matter what I do. I've got both the
      data cable (1529) in the front and the speaker cable (OPC 478) for
      the back (from an IC 746) which I think is the same as a CT-29A. I
      am using a serial to usb interface, but it works with all the
      other radios and software I have, so the problem is just with RT.
      They are still getting back from Dayton and prolly have a bunch of
      email, so I'll be patient. If I can get their software to work
      with the 2820, I'll consider it for the 92.

Oh, the only error I get is that the cable is not attached or the radio
is not on. Not sure if this is normal for the front data cable for the 1529.

      Posted by: "Jack" jack.mrfixit...@gmail.com
      <mailto:jack.mrfixit...@gmail.com?subject=%20re%3a%20programming%202820>
        mrfixit198_2000 <http://profiles.yahoo.com/mrfixit198_2000>

        Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 am (PDT)

Jim, I have Both the 92ad and the 2820 and I program them both with RT
software using the same RDF file I have an OPC cable and will look to see
what number it is (it fits the front programming / control jack and I have
found that using the RT ct-29 cable (there basic cable) that you can plug
into speaker port one to also program the 2820.

please more detail on what you are doing to set up and what errors you are
seeing.

Jack N6UYB/4