Hi Steve:

>Thoughts on the Icom sponsored WW Dstar Contest ?

- I think it was a good opportunity for people to learn how to set up
their radios (e.g., callsign routing and the one-touch).
- One week was too long.  Due to the nature of a contest, repeaters were
occupied
more or less by CQs and exchanges.  I would not like to see this last
for a week.  I would rather like 2-day contests twice a year or so
instead.
- Did the rule change at the last minute to ban d-plus, dvdongle...?
This exclusion was not there when I saw the ICOM web earlier.  My first
QSO was with a dongle after which someone pointed out it was invalid.
- I remember someone posted an idea here earlier of calling CQ on a
reflector and then soliciting QSY to a repeater.  The similar was
observed here also that someone called CQ on a repeater where more
people are listening and then exchanged on simplex.  I think this is not
bad personally, but the rule should say how this would be taken (invalid,
a repeater QSO or a simplex) next time.

73,
--
JI1BQW - Kay Ishikawa